








































TOKYO, April 2 (Reuters) – Japanese drone startup Terra Drone (278A.T), which specializes in surveying and inspecting energy infrastructure, is strengthening its partnership with Saudi Aramco to conduct inspections of the oil and gas giant’s facilities, the company told Reuters. Terra Drone has signed a memorandum of understanding with Aramco, under which it will begin test runs for facility inspections in Saudi Arabia later this year and into next year. Full-scale operations are expected to commence in 2027. If awarded the final contract, it would mark Terra Drone’s largest project for oil and gas facility inspections.
"We are targeting sales in the billions of yen over the medium to long term, within three to five years," said Terra Drone CEO and founder Toru Tokushige. The company established a subsidiary in Saudi Arabia in 2023 after securing a $14 million investment from Wa’ed Ventures, Aramco’s venture capital division. While Terra Drone has previously conducted surveys and inspections in the Middle East, this would be its first project with Aramco. Currently, Aramco relies on scaffolding setups that take two to three weeks for employees to visually inspect storage tanks and other infrastructure.
Beyond energy infrastructure inspections, Terra Drone is also involved in developing unmanned aircraft traffic management systems and providing drones for agricultural applications, such as spraying fertilizer and pesticides. Listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange Growth Market 250 Index in November 2024, the company has yet to achieve profitability.
Disclaimer: This image is taken from Reuters.

Brad Pitt is set to reprise his role as Cliff Booth in a follow-up to Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, which will be released on Netflix. The 61-year-old actor, who starred in Quentin Tarantino’s 2019 Oscar-winning film, will return for the upcoming project directed by David Fincher and written by Tarantino, according to The Playlist and Variety.
However, The Hollywood Reporter states that the new film is not a direct sequel but a "derivative" work inspired by the original. A source revealed that production might begin by late summer. While Tarantino retains the rights to the characters, Sony owns the original film, which is why the new project is not considered a sequel or prequel, despite featuring Booth. It remains unclear whether Leonardo DiCaprio will reprise his role as Rick Dalton.
Tarantino will not be directing the film, meaning it won’t count as his long-promised tenth and final movie. The director had initially planned to reunite with Pitt for The Movie Critic, but according to Deadline, he ultimately decided to scrap the project after delaying production to rewrite the script.
Tarantino, who has long stated he will retire after his tenth film, previously described The Movie Critic as a story about a 1970s film critic who wrote for an adult magazine. He envisioned the character as a cynical but talented writer whose work resembled a mix of early Howard Stern and Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver. After further research, Tarantino concluded that the critic likely died in his late thirties due to complications from alcoholism.
In January, Tarantino mentioned that he is in no rush to begin work on his final film. Speaking at the Sundance Film Festival, he shared that his priority is spending time with his family, particularly his young children. He expressed a desire to wait until his son is at least six years old before beginning production so that his children can better understand and remember the experience.
Disclaimer: This image is taken from IMDb/Brad Pitt.

More than 230 passengers and crew members aboard a luxury cruise ship have fallen ill with norovirus, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The vessel, Queen Mary 2, operated by Cunard Lines, is currently on a journey from England to the Eastern Caribbean, as reported by The New York Times.
The outbreak has affected 224 passengers and 17 crew members, with the ship carrying a total of 2,538 passengers and 1,232 crew members. Norovirus, a highly contagious gastrointestinal virus, causes symptoms such as vomiting and diarrhea. The first cases were detected on March 18 when the ship docked in New York, according to Cruise Mapper, a vessel-tracking site.
Cunard stated on Tuesday that extensive sanitation measures had been put in place and that those affected were being closely monitored. The company emphasized that, thanks to the swift response of the crew and additional precautions, the number of new cases had already started to decline. The CDC reported that in response to the outbreak, the cruise line increased cleaning efforts, isolated infected passengers, and collected samples for further testing.
The Queen Mary 2 is currently in the North West Atlantic Ocean, making its way back to Southampton. The 29-day round-trip voyage began on March 8 and is expected to conclude on April 6. The ship first stopped in New York on March 15, around the time the outbreak was identified, before continuing to destinations such as St Lucia, Barbados, and Dominica.
Norovirus, often referred to as the "stomach flu" or "stomach bug," is highly contagious and spreads through direct contact with infected individuals, contaminated food or water, or by touching infected surfaces. While symptoms typically last for two to three days, those infected can remain contagious for up to two weeks. Health experts recommend frequent handwashing, thorough cleaning of fruits and vegetables, proper cooking of shellfish, disinfecting contaminated areas, washing laundry in hot water, and avoiding public spaces for at least two days after recovery to prevent further spread.
Disclaimer: This image is taken from Cunard.

The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has named former Chhattisgarh Chief Minister and Congress leader Bhupesh Baghel as an accused in the Mahadev Betting App case. On Tuesday, the CBI made public its First Information Report (FIR) regarding the case, listing a total of 21 individuals, including Ravi Uppal, Shubham Soni (Pintu), Chandra Bhushan Verma, Assem Das, Satish Chandrakar, Nitish Deewan, Saurabh Chandrakar, Anil Agarwal (Atul Agarwal), Vikas Chhapriya, Rohit Gaulati, Vishal Ahuja, Dheeraj Ahuja, Anil Kumar Dammani, Sunil Kumar Dammani, Bhim Singh Yadav, Harishankar Tibrewal, Surendra Bagi, Suraj Chokhani, and two unidentified individuals, one of whom is a police officer.
The accused have been charged under multiple sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), including Sections 120(B), 420, 467, and 468, as well as Sections 11, 7, 8, and 4 of the Chhattisgarh Gambling (Prohibition) Act, 2002, and Section 4(A) of the Public Gambling Act. The CBI has carried out searches across more than 60 locations in Chhattisgarh, Bhopal, Kolkata, and Delhi. These searches targeted premises linked to politicians, senior bureaucrats, police officials, Mahadev Book key functionaries, and private individuals suspected of involvement in the case.
Previously, on March 26, the CBI conducted a 14-hour raid at the residence of former CM Bhupesh Baghel, seizing three mobile phones. Speaking to the media, Baghel stated that this was the second raid at his residence within 15 days, with similar searches being conducted in Durg and other locations across India. He questioned why, despite stringent action against the Mahadev Betting App, the key accused, Saurabh Chandrakar, had not yet been arrested, even though a lookout circular had been issued against him.
Baghel alleged that the raid was politically motivated, suggesting it was orchestrated to provide material for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s speech ahead of his scheduled visit on March 30. He further pointed out that the Enforcement Directorate (ED) had already conducted a thorough search 15 days earlier, questioning what new evidence the CBI hoped to uncover. He also claimed that original documents were taken from his residence without providing him photocopies, arguing that timely action would have made document submission more effective.
On March 27, Baghel accused the central government of failing to act against the Mahadev Betting App. During a press conference, he alleged that Prime Minister Modi and Union Home Minister Amit Shah were shielding the app, stating that any attempt to take action against it would result in retaliation.
"Modi and Shah are protecting the Mahadev Betting App. The central government has made it clear that if anyone takes action against the app, they will face consequences. This shows they have no intention of shutting it down," he told the media. Additionally, he claimed that cash worth crores of rupees recovered from a vehicle was linked to a BJP leader.
The FIR, initially registered on March 4, 2024, alleges that Mahadev Online Book has been running illegal betting operations. It also states that other websites, including "Skyexchange," are affiliated with Mahadev Online Book and are allegedly operated by Hari Shankar Tibrewal. The complaint highlights that the Mahadev platform facilitates illegal betting on various live games, including poker, card games, games of chance, and sports betting. The app gained prominence around 2019-2020, particularly during the COVID-19 lockdown.
Disclaimer: This image is taken from PTI.



A new playbook has been introduced to support caregivers of individuals with autism, offering a structured guide on preparing their loved ones for a future without them. Andrea Heng and Hairianto Diman speak with Dr. Sim Zi Lin, Psychologist and Programme Director at the Autism Resource Centre (Singapore), who developed the playbook, to understand the process behind its creation. They also hear from Farah Juwita, a mother of a 12-year-old son with autism, about how this resource helps alleviate her concerns and provides clarity for long-term planning.
Disclaimer: This Podcast is taken from CNA.

At the remote orphanage where I volunteered, the environment felt like something out of a Dickens novel. The staff relied heavily on antipsychotic medication and physical punishment to maintain order.
Disclaimer:This Podcast is taken from The Guardian.

As Donald Trump and his key aides scramble to address the Signal leak controversy, Jonathan Freedland and Susan Glasser of the New Yorker examine the consequences of the security breach and explore why the U.S. president is focusing his attacks on the media rather than those responsible for allowing a journalist access to potentially classified information.
Disclaimer:This podcast is taken from The Guardian.

Malaysian retail group Macro-value is set to acquire Cold Storage Singapore, raising questions about the potential impact on the country's food security. In a discussion with Lance Alexander and Daniel Martin, Professor William Chen, Director of the Future Ready Food Safety Hub at NTU, examines whether foreign ownership of major supermarket chains could affect Singapore’s long-term food sustainability goals.
With food security being a key national priority, the takeover sparks concerns about supply chain stability, sourcing practices, and the ability to maintain resilient food networks. Professor Chen explores the possible challenges and implications of such acquisitions, particularly in terms of local food production, import strategies, and price stability. As Singapore continues its efforts to enhance food sustainability and self-sufficiency, the discussion sheds light on whether foreign ownership of essential retail infrastructure could influence government initiatives and the broader food ecosystem. The conversation highlights the importance of strategic planning to ensure that national food security remains uncompromised despite shifts in supermarket ownership.
Disclaimer: This Podcast is taken from CNA News.